Updated August 2015
1. Do I have to submit any personal information in order to visit the International Medical Corps Website?
No. International Medical Corps does not ask you to submit any personal information if you are simply browsing the International Medical Corps Website. However, you may not be able to access all parts of the International Medical Corps Website or interact with us without supplying certain personal information.
2. What types of personal information and Billing Information does International Medical Corps collect?
When you visit the International Medical Corps Website, respond to a direct mail, email or other campaign or make a donation to us via any means, you may be asked to submit personal information. This information includes, but is not limited to, your name, postal address, zip code, telephone number, e-mail address and donation amount.
In addition, in order to make a donation to International Medical Corps, we may ask you to provide credit card, checking account or other billing information (collectively, “Billing Information”). The International Medical Corps Website uses secure socket layer (“SSL”) encryption to protect the transmission of any Billing Information that you submit to us via the International Medical Corps Website when you use our secure online donation forms, and the Billing Information you provide to us is stored securely according to Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI-DSS).
3. How does International Medical Corps use my personal information?
International Medical Corps may use your personal information in individual and aggregated formats as follows to:
- send you newsletters, updates and other information regarding our services, events, fundraising efforts and other matters;
- process payments and send you acknowledgement letters or notices;
- communicate with you regarding any donation you make;
- send you information or opportunities from other organizations that we believe may be of interest to you;
- allow third party organizations with whom we share your personal information to directly send you information or opportunities that may be of interest to you;
- provide you with social networking or gaming opportunities;
- communicate with you regarding your use of the International Medical Corps Website ;
- improve the content of the International Medical Corps Website ;
- customize the content of the International Medical Corps Website for you;
- notify you of updates to the International Medical Corps Website;
- provide you with information or technical support.
4. Does International Medical Corps share my personal information and Billing Information with third parties?
International Medical Corps may share your personal information with our affiliates and with third parties who perform services on our behalf, including, but not limited to, hosting companies, vendors, telemarketing firms and direct mail providers. International Medical Corps may also, from time to time, perform marketing analyses and/or draw conclusions from demographic and aggregated information and may allow third party service providers to do so on our behalf. In order to grow our base of support and reduce our fundraising costs, we may share or exchange your personal information with other like-minded organizations and may provide such organizations with mailing lists, phone lists or other marketing databases that include your personal information.
We may also share your personal information with third parties when one or more of the following conditions apply:
- we obtain your consent to share such information;
- you do not voluntarily opt out of sharing your personal information with International Medical Corps;
- we are required to respond to a subpoena, court order or legal process;
- we find it necessary to enforce the International Medical Corps Website Terms and Conditions, including investigation of potential violations, or to protect the rights, property or safety of International Medical Corps or our employees, donors, visitors to the International Medical Corps Website or others; or
- we find it necessary to investigate, detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
In addition, in the event that we restructure our organization or change our status as a tax exempt organization, we may transfer your personal information to a new entity in connection with such an event.
International Medical Corps also hires third parties to provide credit card processing services and order fulfillment services. If you have opted to make a gift using a credit or debit card, we may share and securely transfer your personal information and your Billing Information with these service providers for such purposes. We do not share your Billing Information with any other third parties.
5. How do I change the personal information and/or Billing Information I submitted to International Medical Corps?
If you wish to update or delete any of your personal information in our possession, at any time, for any reason, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to make those changes.
To ensure secure transfer, please do not email changes to Billing Information. Rather, if you wish to update or delete any of your Billing Information, please contact the Resource Development Department at 424-252-6008 to make those changes.
6. How do I control International Medical Corps’ use of my personal information?
If you would prefer that your personal information not be shared with third parties, or if you have previously given consent to share your personal information and would prefer to opt-out, please contact the Resource Development Department at 424-252-6008 to make those changes. International Medical Corps will endeavor to change your status within 10 business days of your contacting us. Please note that some activities and mailings may already be in progress, and we may not be able to effectuate the changes prior to the activity or mailing.
7. Does International Medical Corps collect personal information from children?
No. The International Medical Corps Website is not directed to persons under thirteen (13) years of age, and individuals under such age must not use the International Medical Corps Website or submit any personal information in any way. International Medical Corps does not knowingly collect personal information from children under age thirteen (13).
8. Does International Medical Corps use “cookies” on the International Medical Corps Website?
9. How does International Medical Corps respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising, and therefore we do not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. Third parties cannot collect personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you use the International Medical Corps Website.
10. Does International Medical Corps collect any server statistics or other passive data via the International Medical Corps Website?
Yes. We may collect general statistics to track user trends on the International Medical Corps Website, and we may collect statistics using ad serving technology. These statistics include, but are not limited to, hits to our servers, the types of browsers used to access the International Medical Corps Website, page views, ad views and navigational patterns. In addition, our web servers automatically collect and store non-personal information, such as the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet, the internet protocol (“IP”) address of the computer you are using, the browser software you use and your operating system, the date and time you access the International Medical Corps Website, and the internet address of the site from which you linked directly to the International Medical Corps Website. We may also use “web beacons” to help identify when emails or other electronic communications sent by us to you have been received and read. Any of this information may be subject to disclosure pursuant to a subpoena or other legal process.
11. What happens to feedback or other information I submit or post to the International Medical Corps Website?
Certain features of the International Medical Corps Website may enable you to submit communications, suggestions, ideas, comments, questions, or other information to us (collectively, “Feedback”) as well as post information to the International Medical Corps Website for review by all users of the International Medical Corps Website (“Posted Information”). Feedback and Posted Information becomes public information and is submitted at your discretion. When you submit Feedback or Posted Information, you expressly consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information in any manner and agree that such Feedback and Posted Information remains subject to the International Medical Corps Website Terms and Conditions.
12.What rules apply if I click over to another website?
International Medical Corps
ATTN: Resource Development Department
12400 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1500
Los Angeles, CA 90025